Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Psyching up!




4 days!!!! That's 4 days until I leave... Wow, a year long process and now I'm only 4 days away from actually starting this crazy adventure! It doesn't feel like this is my last week in South Africa (for while) but I suppose it doesn't help that I'm so sick. Just my luck to be healthy all holiday and when I need to be well I'm sick. Oh well,illness aside I'm just organising lifts, bedding and my itinerary for New York!

I suppose never mentioned that I'll be in New York for a day before I get Louisville! I can't believe that on Monday I'll be in the city thats inspired me in things like 'ex and the City' or my favourite movie; 'Breakfast at Tiffany's!'Though I don't ahve much time in the city with travelling in and out from JFK the number one thing to see is Tiffany's!!!! The first time I ever saw Breakfast at Tiffany's, I started crying in the opening scene where Holly walks up to Tiffany's. I think it was a combination of finally watching this highly anticipated movie and the beautiful sweeping shots of New York. So after this embarrassing confession I think its safe to say I'll be quite emotional when I get to New York. I plan on going back there in December to spend more time exploring the galleries and museums but right now just a day is a wonderful way to begin my adventure!
Let me leave you with a few pictures from the movie that inspires me (to tears).
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment